Sharpen your programming skills while mingling with tech and travel enthusiasts
Holidu is building the world’s best search engine for vacation rentals. Our mission is to make finding and booking the perfect rental finally easy. We are on this journey in a rapidly growing team of travel and technology enthusiasts from all over the world.
Traveling is more fun when done with friends. At Holidu, friendship and community are important to us as well, so we would love to hear your ideas for new social search functions. This is the first challenge for you in this Hackathon. We define “social search” as searching for and booking vacation rentals together in a group.
Our second challenge for you during this Hackathon is to see how you can improve the user experience. Dive into our travel tech stack and challenge yourself by introducing new features you believe will really enhance both social capabilities and user-friendliness! You will have the chance to work with anonymized Holidu data and to develop in frontend and backend.
- 23rd and 24th of May, from 18:00 - 22.00
- Work in teams with mixed backgrounds
- Technologies: Elastic search, Java, ReactJS, Postgres and others
- 2 Challenges:
- 1. Social Search (searching for rentals together with friends, vacation-planning process done in a group)
- 2. Building a better guide for the users (what to do while on holiday, where to go, etc)
- 30-35 hackers / designers / data analysts / creators 💻
- It’s free 🆓 food & drinks, fun, experience, networking & on-site guidance/mentorship
- Ability to practice presentation/public-speaking skills (share your prototype at the end)
- Prizes 🎁
Deadline to register is May 22, 2018 at 23:59.